Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We are ready!



Come on, Son! We are ready to meet you :) The doctor will be back tomorrow, Chris' birthday was yesterday, so from now on any day is fine with us!
Yesterday we got through Chris' birthday without me going in labor. Of course, it would be fine if our boy decided to share his Dad's birthday but it was also cool that Chris and I had a nice dinner at home. I made Caesar salad with shrimp, rice and curry with duck breast and got Chris' favorite chocolate dessert. He also had some red wine. The dinner was very nice, we really enjoyed all the food and Chris was happy. I gave him a new cell phone and it was a total surprise for him. He uses a company's cell phone and it got so old that I thought it would be nice if he has something more modern. He will definitely use it on our or his trips when he needs to check his e-mails, for example. He said that he really liked his gift and now he is excited to set it up so he can use it to the full.

Yesterday on the way from the grocery store I felt some cramps a few times and thought that it's starting. Then I felt the same a couple of times at home, none of them were regular, so I just kept wondering if that was just the beginning or so called training contractions. Later they disappeared and I felt fine the rest of the day and night. Just in case I packed the rest of the things in my hospital bag, did the dishes and just put things in places. I had a long list of things to do before The Day and now there is almost nothing left which is great and makes me feel ready. Of course, I'm scared and sometimes when I think about it I have tears both from how hard it's going to be and how happy we will be to meet our son. Even typing it now brings tears to my eyes. It must be the happiest moment in people's lives and we are about to experience it. I'm also a little scared as I'm afraid to miss or not recognize contractions and not knowing when to call. I guess it's pretty normal to worry about such things especially when it's the first time.
Oh well, just a few days or maybe one day. Who knows :) The latest it should be November 17th and the earliest tomorrow November 10th.
Again, I'm ready and Chris is ready and all our family members, friends, acquaintances and colleagues are waiting for the good news from us. It's great to feel their support. I hope that everything goes well and I will help our baby boy to be born healthy and well.

40 weeks:




The carriage we bought, perfect for the coming winter in Russia!

The cradle in our bedroom is ready



Full term, taken today:

No comments:

Post a Comment