Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy 2nd Anniversary to us!



Chris and I got married two years ago on November 1st 2008! It seems like we know each other forever and at the same time it feels like we just met. I think that it's great! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect for us! In addition to usual wedding preparation we had to plan and do more things than other couples. As a US citizen Chris married a foreigner (Russian) and he had to apply for a fiance visa for me months in advance. We got really lucky with how fast my documents were processed and I was invited for the interview to the US Embassy in Moscow. The interview was easy for me as our story is simple and true. Although, it was necessary to provide proof of our relations such as pictures, letters from our friends and colleagues. After I got my visa, we started the process of helping my parents to get their visas to go to our wedding. In the end, everything worked out fine! It was great to have my parents, my brother and two of my friends at our wedding.

We are not doing anything special tonight, just a nice dinner. I'm going to make scallops with mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner, get some awesome dessert and watch the video of our ceremony. And I'm very excited about a small glass of champagne! Last year for our 1st anniversary Chris bought us a trip to the Bahamas, Atlantis. It was one of the best trips we've ever had! Such a wonderful and fun place! This year we are celebrating our anniversary just a few days away from meeting our first child - our son! It's very exciting! Every day when Chris leaves for work he says: It could be today! :)


Two years ago:







With my parents and my brother:








No comments:

Post a Comment