Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Thursday, July 22, 2010

25 weeks!

wow! At this point I'm definitely pregnant :) What I mean is that I cannot hide my belly any more even if I want to sometimes. It's great! One of the big changes this week is that I started walking like a pregnant woman. Yep, it happened! I never liked it and I thought that all pregnant women do that just to be noticed. I was wrong. I noticed it about myself two days ago when I went to a store and it seemed funny to me. Oh, well! What you gonna do? :)
Another great thing that happened this week was that Chris felt our boy's kicks for the first time. It was very exciting!
Another change I noticed is that I get hungry more often now. At the beginning of this week I was hungry one hour later I ate, so I had lots of snacks between main meals. Yesterday and today I'm back to normal. I'm going with my hunger. If I'm hungry I eat, if not I try not to snack. I'm still wearing my normal clothes except for I cannot zip my pants, so I just wear them with my belly bands.
So far I gained 13.9 lbs. I think that it's not bad and is considered normal. I lost 5.5 lbs before I got pregnant. My weight was 123.2 lbs. It was the result of our healthy eating or new approach. It was Chris' idea to start eating healthier which I supported. In January we decided to make/eat soup on Mondays, chicken with vegetables, rice or buckwheat on Tuesdays, seafood on Wed, vegetable meals on Thursdays, turkey on Fridays, chicken or turkey on Sat, Sunday was a treat day. It worked pretty well as by March I lost those 5.5 lbs and Chris has lost about 16 lbs. Of course, we also worked out. I stopped working out after I got pregnant as my placenta was low until week 23. Now it looks fine.
We still continue eating sort of healthy which is definitely good for the baby.
Here is me at 25 weeks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment