Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!



Yep, I turned 33 on the 9th of August :) This birthday is the best ever: I'm happily married and pregnant with our first child, baby boy! It's pretty much the best gift you can expect from life and from the above. I'm very thankful for everything I have today: loving family, the best and the greatest husband and my pregnancy. It's awesome!

Today has already been a great day even though it's only 10 a.m. We woke up early, 6 a.m. :), so we could have a nice and relaxing morning with coffee and small breakfast in bed. I opened all my cards, I got 9!!! and all my gifts. We live far away from my family and from Chris' family, yet they are amazing and very thoughtful. They sent nice cards and gifts for me, even from the states. I'm always touched by their love and care. My husband gave me a wonderful gift - a beautiful bracelet with my birthstone (light green) that has a dragonfly (purple stone) that "sits" on the bracelet. I absolutely LOVE it!!! What a great day already!

It was great to talk to my parents, my brother, grandmothers and aunt in the morning. It's kind of a tradition in our family to call/congratulate on a birthday in the morning so you can feel special on your special day.

We don't have big plans this year because of the combination of crazy heat and smoke in Moscow, plus my pregnancy. But I'm very excited about the dinner tonight. We are going out to one of the best restaurants in Moscow- Cafe Pushkin. And I'm looking forward to my birthday glass of champagne! I hope our little boy will forgive me and won't mind :)
I just hope that the smoke in Moscow won't be that bad today so we can walk to and from the restaurant without any problems.
I'm 33 today, wow!

1 comment: