Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Sunday, July 11, 2010

Updates



So I owe lots of updates. First of all, I'm 23 weeks :) I think that it's still the best stage of the pregnancy when you feel well and beautiful. I love my "bump" and it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable yet. Although I'm looking forward to it getting bigger. I had my u/s appointment on Thursday. Thank God the baby still looks good and measures right. He is 500 grams now! He's kicking and moving every day. Yesterday for the first time I saw my belly moving left and right from the baby's kicks. It was very amusing and funny! Sometimes I'm trying to picture what he is doing there.

One of the biggest updates is that my husband is on vacation/visa renewal trip right now. He went to FL. It's the first time in the last four years when we did not go together. We know that it's safe to travel for pregnant women but this trip is really tiring and exhausting: 11 hours from Moscow to Atlanta and then from there to the final destination. So I decided not to go. Chris had a great time with his family and even took a short trip to Tampa to watch a baseball game. I was very happy for him as he does not get that much free time here between his job, gym and Russian classes. I even feel bad that he doesn't get any time alone as I don't work and always home when he comes from work. Anyway, I also had visitors while he is gone. My brother and his girlfriend came and stayed with me for 10 days. We had a great time and it definitely helped not to feel lonely without Chris. Only when they left I started counting the days till Chris' arrival. I miss him a lot and I'm excited to see him in two days!!! Thank God for Skype! We talk every day and it helps, although I'm always on the edge of crying closer to the end of our conversation...I blame hormones for that :))

Yesterday we bought a swing for our future baby. It was very unexpected and kind of random.
Our initial plan was to buy most of the baby clothes in the states on Chris' next trip in late September. We did not plan on buying anything for the kid this time. At the same time Chris is traveling light on this trip and he suggested getting a swing or a bouncer now. I did some quick research and found a swing that I absolutely loved!!! He got it yesterday and will bring it home on Tuesday. I'm very excited as it will be the first baby thing we've bought. He is also bringing a couple of onesies and a few other things we received as a gift from his cousin. It was very cute and funny to watch Chris, a big guy, showing me all these tiny clothes on Skype. Seeing and holding the clothes made us realize that it's for real :)

As I said before I still enjoy my pregnancy but I have already started a list in my head of the things I'm looking forward to doing after I/we have the baby. One of the items on my list will be taking a bath!! I love it :) The next will be sleeping on my tummy which is my favorite position. Then margaritas. I'm sure the list will get longer within the next three months!
I'm posting some pictures from week 19, 21 and 22.

week 19

















week 21

















week 22

No comments:

Post a Comment