Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our Living


As I decided I'll be alternating between posts about our travels and living, today's post is an introduction to our living. Chris and I met in June 2005, got engaged in November 2007 and got married on November 1, 2008! We are still newlyweds, I guess. Time flies by so fast that it's hard to believe that C. has already lived in Russia for 4.5 years when he came only for one :), it has been already 1 year and 2 months since we got married and our first trip together was in March 2006. It's amazing.

I'm a translator (Russian/English), my husband is an engineer. I'm working part-time at the time, mostly not working as the work project is coming to an end and there is not that much work for translators. Occasionally, though, I'm asked to come and help full-time translators in the office. All of a sudden I have lots of time, mostly of which is consumed by taking care of the household. :)

So now about where we stand at the moment and our plans. Well, we are trying to have a baby and we really want to hope that it will happen some time soon this year. Unfortunately, this plan did not go all the way through last year. But we are very optimistic and full of hopes for 2010. So please, 2010, be cooperative!

Another goal we have for this year is to eat healthier and exercise more. We've been working out at least two times a week pretty regularly but would get really lazy after coming back from our trips. Sometimes it takes us about three weeks to go back to our work-out schedule. We'll try to avoid it this year.

Healthy food. We've been eating relatively healthy for one week and 2 days already. I came up with the plan to alternate between chicken and turkey fillets served with steamed veggies, have soup once a week, have seafood meal once a week, have fully vegetable meal once a week and have a treat meal once a week (Sat or Sun). So far it went pretty well. And it's also challenging for me. I'm pretty excited to find new recipes and cook healthy.

Another second important goal after having a baby is to save/invest money. Currently we are saving for a house and putting money away for retirement. I'm so lucky that my husband is interested in finances/financing and saving. He does all this stuff for us and explains it to me in a simple way. We are really excited at the thought that in about 4 years we will buy our first house.

So far our plan is to stay overseas and save as much money as we can and move back to the states in about 4 years and finally settle down. Hopefully with kids or at least one kid! :)





Since the post is about living, I'm posting some of our Christmas and New Year's pictures as it was the latest holiday we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment