Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Sunday, January 17, 2010

My first post!


I really like my idea to post about our travels and about my/our living. I guess I will just alternate between these two subjects. In this case it won't be boring for me.

So the first post will be about Travel. I always wanted to travel and see the world and I liked learning foreign languages. There was always something magic about other languages. Whenever I heard it on TV or saw in a magazine I tried to guess what it meant, what the song was about. Needless to say that when we started learning English at school I fell in love with it. My first teacher of English was amazing! Thanks to her I'm here now: professional interpreter, married to the best person I've ever met! And he is an American! Such a stereotype!

Anyway, we are planning our next trip for March to Amsterdam and London. As I'm not a US citizen yet, I have to apply for visas for pretty much every country we go to. I became pretty good at preparing all the documents you need to get visas, especially after getting a Fiancee's Visa for the US and a Green Card!

Yesterday I was filling out an application for the UK visa and one of the items asked to list all the countries you've been to for the last 10 years. I'm happy to say that for the last 10 years I've been to 11 countries, some countries 3 or 4 times! It's amazing and incredible! If that little girl from a small town in the middle of Russia knew that she would be that lucky she still would not believe it. But it's true :))

Oh well, I don't want my first post be very long and boring, so I made a photo collage of most places we've been to.

Congrats to me on my first post! As we say in Russia: Ура! [ura] which means Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment