Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Saturday, January 30, 2010

I have Followers! Hello, my November Girls :))

Thank you so much for spending your time reading this. I responded to your posts as usually late because of the time difference. Usually I read the board the next day (my morning) when all discussions are over. Sometimes, though, I try to check it out in my evening, your morning, and say something whenever I have something to say. So welcome, to my blog, girls!

So this week was pretty busy for me which is not my typical week. For the first time for the last year I did a freelance translation. I was busy for 5 days but it was not as difficult as I thought it would be. It felt good to accomplish something and start appreciating my free time again. I have lots of free time as I don't work and sometimes, let's face it, I get bored. So it's good to be busy to start appreciating your life again. I like my job, always did. What's interesting about being an interpreter/translator is that it's always a challenge. You cannot know everything. You have to learn something new every time you start a new translation, project. This time the text was actually the Personal data protection act (UK). I spent a lot of time researching correct names for judges, courts, differences between UK judges and Scottish judges and courts.
I know it may sound boring, but I really enjoy doing what I'm doing. I think it's great! Here is a picture of me (with long blond hair and braces) with my colleagues and Pavel Palazhshchenko who used to be our first President's interpreter (Mikhail Gorbachev) and is currently his assistant. We were lucky to have him for our training for a week in 2008. It was a very interesting experience we'll never forget.

Another achievement this week was that C. and I lost some weight as the result of healthy eating and exercising more often. It was funny too cause with that freelance work I was late with dinners a couple of times, so C. joked that he'll secretly call my friend and offer her some money not to give me any translations in the future :))) And when I finished my work, he said that finally we would be able to afford some good dinners with the money I earned :)
Anyway, back to healthy eating. It seems that it started working. We stuck to our eating/cooking plan for the last three weeks. I'll keep doing it, though it's hard sometimes to come up with new ideas.

We joined a new gym two weeks ago. It's better than our old gym as far as equipment and location. The walk is definitely nicer or safer compared to the old gym. It drove me crazy to cross at least two roads trying to run as fast as you could or just wait till there are no cars and then cross. Insane! So I've been to a pilates class, power training class and a belly dance class this week. Liked all of them. I went to belly dance classes two years ago. I really enjoyed it! I even took private classes and learned a dance that was part of my birthday gift to Chris in 2006.
I remember that I also took him out to dinner and could not relax 100% as I was constantly thinking about the dance I have to perform after we get to my place :)) He says that it was the coolest gift ever. Going this week after two years break made me realize that it's still fun and I like it. Now I'm thinking joining a belly dance class in a dance school (nearby) at least for a month and see how that goes. It's something to do and fun! This is a picture of me on C's birthday thinking about the dance I have to perform after the restaurant :)

One of the disappointments of the week was that I did not get pregnant this month. it was not unexpected either cause I did not have any pg. signs. I'm kind of mad at my body for messing around with us. There is Flameless Friday on the board I like to read. I almost never say anything as I'm always late to posts and sometimes I just don't feel like sharing. This week I want to tell my body, as crazy as it sounds: "Enough of this game! Grow up and take responsibility. We want kids. We need to move on in life. So please, work the magic and get pregnant next month!

The good event of the week was my Mom's birthday and going to a concert. The concert was by American violinist Sarah Chang. She was amazing! So talented and so young! Chris and I really enjoyed the evening and the music, of course. Before the concert the US Ambassador in Russia welcomed the violinist and said how proud America is to have such a talented musician and that America will also host Russian musicians this year and this concert is just the beginning of the new cultural program between our two countries. I think that it's a great concept. In addition to the concert, C. had a chance to practice his Russian with some of our former colleagues. They were impressed with his progress and how well he speaks. He takes private classes twice a week but has nobody to practice it with except me. And we know how it goes, right? We speak English at home, and if I start speaking Russian to him, everything will take twice as much time not to mention effort and eventually, C. will lose his patience :))

We had a good day today: worked out and had our treat meal of the week in our favorite restaurant Goodman.
We had AWESOME burgers for lunch!!! They were delicious!!!
Us in Goodman's with my parents in January:


That's the summary of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment