Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Brendan and Katya

Brendan is 2 y.3 m.o. and Katya is 6 m.o. Brendan turned out to be a great big brother, loving and caring. I could never think that he'd help me with Katya doing such things as giving her a pacifier or rocking her cradle when she cries. It was amazing to see him being like that. Also Katya is being a very sweet baby. Brendan was an easy going and a happy baby but somehow Katya is even better, I guess she is everything like he was but more patient.

We just came back from our trip to the states. We went to Naples, FL, and spent 3 weeks in our condo. It was Katya's 1st trip to America, she and Brendan did great on our flights. I've got several new toys for Brendan and packed every single one in a box or a bag to surprise him every 2 hours of our flight. And it worked pretty well, he opened only three of them during a 9 hour flight. Of course, it also helps that he likes to eat. Eating kept him busy for quite some time. Traveling with kids takes some planning and when it's planned right, it's not that frustrating and bad. Between toys, books, food, nap and occasional walks it worked fine for Brendan. Katya was just happy to be attached to me for 24 hours. That's exactly how long it takes us from door to door, Moscow to Naples.





The trip was great. It was nice to come from the cold and snow to the sun and the heat. We love Naples and can never get enough of it. On our 1st day we like to wake up early in the morning and go for a walk to the Swamp Sanctuary, then get DD coffee and donuts for breakfast. Brendan hated going for walks in the winter back at home and there he was ready to go in his pj's. So we went for walks in the neighborhood, went to the beach, the zoo, went out to cafes and restaurants, visited family in Orlando, went to the Sea World. The highlight of our vacation was a super fun trip to Miami where we went to the Heat/Clippers game and sat right behind the Clippers bench! It was an amazing experience.  I couldn't believe that I saw some of the most famous players. It was hard to stop taking pictures! What a fun time it was! Also when we were checking out of the hotel the next morning, it turned out that Clippers also stayed there, so I even got a picture with one of their players. Awesome!



















No comments:

Post a Comment