Welcome to my blog!

I was thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but could not decide what to write about. My husband and I travel quite often because of his job. We always loved it even before we met. We actually met because my husband decided to take a job overseas and came to a place where I was, about 7 thousand miles away from him. His decision changed our lives for the very best!

I also like to cook but I don't think that I need a blog to document every meal I make. Only occasionally, maybe. We also decided to eat healthier so the blog will help me to keep track of our meals and weight.
That's how I eventually signed up for a blog and named it Veronika's Travel and Living.

Hopefully, I'll like blogging. We'll see.. ;)


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Defender's Day and general update

I did not realize that I haven't post for almost two weeks. That's very bad of me. Well, what happened was that I got more freelance translations to do. So I barely had time for cooking/groceries/gym and other stuff. Now I'm free and back to appreciating my free time.
I have to say that working at home is definitely not for me. I like going to work and be there from this time till this time and communicate with other people. I know that it's crazy. But I like it. C. hates it and it would be better for him to work from home and me going to work :) But it's impossible. Working at home is tough because you have work/translation to do and yet the kitchen is here, laundry also needs to be done and groceries too. It seems that it does not take that much time to turn on the washer, take out laundry, put it in the dryer and then fold everything. It takes about 30 min to get groceries as the store is really close but if you add time it takes to put on clothes, come back, unpack and undress... Again, it adds up. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that it's hard. At the same time, you don't have to walk in the cold, you are your own boss, you can plan your time. But given a choice I would choose work in an office somewhere close.

I've been working out four/three times a week and now I'm going to belly dance classes twice a week and work out twice a week. We continue eating healthy. C. works out four times a week. He is doing great with his running. Every time he improves his results. It takes him less time to run the same distance. He lost a few kilos. UNLIKE me :) I feel that my waist got thinner. At least skirts and jeans are not that tight any more, but when I weigh myself I'm just 500 grams lighter than a month ago. Weird and annoying :)) Well, I hope that one day I'll weigh myself and I'll be 2 kg. less. Hope!

So I decided to start watching American famous chick flicks. Some of them I already watched 100 times and they are my favorite. Some I haven't seen for quite a while. So I watched Bridget Jones's Diary (both movies). It was the first time I watched it in English. I have to say that watching movies in their original language is so much better. Sometimes the jokes are funnier and it's nice to hear real voices/acting of actors instead of dubbed versions. I liked it. Though I cannot say that I'm a big fan of Renée Zellweger. Today I watched Never been kissed. It was alright. Probably I won't watch it again. It was too much of high- school stuff.

What else? The Defender's Day is coming up. It's a Russian (obviously) holiday that initially was celebrated in honor of soldiers, former soldiers and future soldiers who defended or will defend our country in case of war etc. Nowadays, it's basically a men's day. Women get gifts and do something nice for men/husbands, boyfriends, fathers, brothers etc. It's an equivalent of Father's Day in the states except you don't have to be a father. There is also a Women's Day which is celebrated on the 8th of March. Again, equivalent of Mother's Day. Usually, we don't give each other big gifts, we just do something nice for each other to make this day special. In previous years Chris got me girls' magazines, bought massage oil and gave me a massage, bought my favorite chick flicks, got me flowers, ordered food for us or took me out. I did the same. One time back in 2006 I even wrote a small poem about him and made a Powerpoint presentation with his/our pictures. It was pretty cool. The whole idea was that I have found my Defender and I love him :)
I'm not sure about what to do this time. It will be next week. Probably, I'll get a few small things (gifts) and make sure he enjoys his day. I'll think of some delicious food to make. I'm also thinking about taking him out to lunch or dinner whatever he wants. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment